Sharjah is the Emirate of Culture and one of the largest cities in the United Arab Emirates, which is witnessing a steady population development. This has made it an authentic Islamic building that emphasizes the Islamic identity of the Emirate. The Directorate of Public Works was established by Decree No. 9 of 2000 Issued by His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council of the Union and Ruler of Sharjah on 8 April 2000. To carry out all tasks related to civil reconstruction of the Emirate according to the highest standards of quality to keep pace with social and economic development in accordance with the development plans approved by the Governor or the Executive Council.
- Study, design, implement and maintain government building projects that the government decides to establish and supervise.
- Prepare and supervise the conditions and specifications of Directorate of public works tenders in the Emirate, taking into account the regulations in force in this regard.
- Participation of competent authorities in the study, preparation, implementation and monitoring of projects and planning of cities and housing.
- Contracting with consultants, contractors and related parties, supervising the implementation of the contract and approving payments due to the contractor as determined by the Executive Council from time to time in this regard.
- Coordination with all competent authorities in all that would activate the role of the directorate to achieve its objectives.
- Providing technical advice and assisting government departments in all matters relating to directorate of public works activities in the Emirate.
- Any other functions or functions assigned to the Department by the Governor or the Executive Council of the Emirate of Sharjah.
The design, management, maintenance and development of government public projects and facilities and facilities in line with government trends and meet the aspirations of the community of the Emirate."
Our Strategic goals
- Strengthening institutional identity
- Deepening career loyalty
- Improve stakeholder relationships
- Activating partnerships
- Improving financial performance
- Increased reliance on partner resources
- Reduce operational costs
- Diversification of urban services
- Systems and policies development
- Development of smart systems
- Development of governance systems and performance management
- Promoting a culture of excellence and creativity
- Development of human resources
- Maximize reliance on technology
- Leadership and teamwork
- Excellence and Quality
- Governance and performance
- Professional and qualified
- Focus on merchants
- Commitment to results